Skip to main content

Enterprise Architecture

Last post 05:44 am June 23, 2014 by Ian Mitchell
1 reply
04:06 am June 23, 2014

Hi All,

Can we use "enterprise architecture" concepts in SCRUM environments ?

I am currently pursuing TOGAF certification, the course details enterprise architecture (EA) concepts/processes for delivering complex / large front-to-back projects . Is there any option to do this in SCRUM way ? (agile !)

I see loads of documentation on internet (blogs and papers) - what I want to know is any standard / defined approach that details/guides on how enterprise architecture can go Agile.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

05:44 am June 23, 2014

Can we use "enterprise architecture" concepts in SCRUM environments ?

You can, but they are best seen in terms of architectural emergence, and the maintenance of architectural runway. A Development Team should have enough architecture in place to facilitate Sprint Planning and delivery, but not so much that technical debt and rework is incurred.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.