Skip to main content

Certification

Last post 07:26 pm June 24, 2014 by Pankaj Chitriv
3 replies
01:14 pm June 24, 2014

Hi All
I'm currently learing Scrum and would like to do a certification.
Am I right that the product owner certification covers the scrum master and scrum developer certification?
I other words: If I'm doing the product owner certification I do not need to make the scrum developer or the scrum master certification?
Thanks for any help
Martin

03:01 pm June 24, 2014

Hi Martin,

I would say no on PO covers SM and Dev certifications.
In a scrum team there are Dev, SM, PO so there are 3 roles.
There are also three exams for Dev, SM and PO along with three courses.
No one tick course for all three as any trainer will tell you, no super scrum qualification.
The question is which role are you going to be in terms of your qualification?
Where would you gain the most value with the knowledge you are seeking out?
Dev, Scrum Master or Product owner.
It may be nice to know what the PO does, but if your on the dev team could be a missed opportunity.
Hope this helps with the question.

Michael

07:25 pm June 24, 2014

Martin,
It is important to first read about the three roles Michael has mentioned and then see what role are you going or wanting tobe playing in future and then select the one most aappropriate. The Scrum guide is freely available on this site and should help you understand the three roles.
Each Certificate has separate significance and none covers the other two but may complement each other especially PO and SM. Good luck.
Pankaj

07:26 pm June 24, 2014

Martin,
It is important to first read about the three roles Michael has mentioned and then see what role are you going or wanting tobe playing in future and then select the one most aappropriate. The Scrum guide is freely available on this site and should help you understand the three roles.
Each Certificate has separate significance and none covers the other two but may complement each other especially PO and SM. Good luck.
Pankaj

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.