Skip to main content

SCRUM MASTER/PROJECT MANAGER POSITION FOR AGILE JOBS.

Last post 07:58 am June 7, 2022 by Michael Lloyd
3 replies
09:06 pm June 6, 2022

I have been having a lot of conservations of late with people who are trying to secure roles scrum masters and the biggest question that keeps coming up in some form or another is:

How do you deal with the role descriptions or interviewers that are looking for some sort of project manager/scrum master?

09:32 pm June 6, 2022

Short answer: Stop reading the job post or tell the recruiter I'm not interested.  

Longer answer: I'd serious think about whether I would want to leave where I am to go to that company.  Or if I was unemployed, would I be happy working there given the information I just discovered.  There is absolutely nothing you can do unless you start working there.  And even then you may not be able to make any kind of impact.  

10:00 pm June 6, 2022

I might ask to understand a bit more about the problem they're trying to solve, and how someone in the contradictory role of "project manager/scrum master" is expected to help.

07:58 am June 7, 2022

Uhh, i'm 99 percent sure this is a copy paste of my linkedin post from the otherday? 

"I've been having a lot of conversations lately with people who are trying to secure roles as SM's, and one thing that keeps coming up in some form or another is:

"How do you deal with role descriptions or interviewers that are looking for some sort of project manager/Scrum master hybrid"

My simplest and most honest answer? Don't.`'

What's with all this weird spam on the scrum forum lately? Why are you literally copy pasting my linkedin posts here?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.