Skip to main content

Scrum Questions

Last post 01:05 pm September 28, 2014 by Salaivan Muthu Sampath
4 replies
12:54 pm September 26, 2014

I have the following doubts..Can any one clarify

1. Is velocity calculated at end of the sprint or daily and at which event and who calculates it
2. Can the daily scrum be held at any time of the day
3. Daliy Scrum is time boxed to 15 minutes so if some topics are still not answered does the DT answers those in the next day standup or they continue - exceeding the 15 min time limit
4. At the end of the Sprint, it is acceptable for the Development Team to deliver a single document, if that is what agreed by the ST/Product Owner during Sprint Planning rather than a product Increment
5. Can the Scrum Master Advise the Scrum Team to stop Sprint Planning meeting early if the work for the Development Team begins to exceed their capacity and advise the DT not take on any more Product Backlog items and start the Sprint development and negotiate the selected PBI with PO

Regards

01:33 pm September 26, 2014

There is a risk of answering questions on the internet like this... you may be doing someone's "Computer Science homework" for them -- or worse -- giving them direct answers to exams. So, to help prevent that, and since this is your first post to this board, I'm going to request that you tell us your views of the answers to the above.

If you really want to make sure you learn here, then I'd also recommend reading the relevant parts of the Scrum Guide to inform your answers, if you haven't already read it.

11:27 pm September 26, 2014

I am preparing for Scrum Certification and had the doubts. Here are my answers...not sure if they are correct

1. Is velocity calculated at end of the sprint or daily and at which event and who calculates it

It is calculated at the end of the Sprint so may be at Sprint Retrospective and is calculated by Development team

2. Can the daily scrum be held at any time of the day

Maybe. Imp is it should be of same duration of 15 min and same place

3. Daliy Scrum is time boxed to 15 minutes so if some topics are still not answered does the DT answers those in the next day standup or they continue - exceeding the 15 min time limit

Next day or else the timebox will not hold good

4. At the end of the Sprint, it is acceptable for the Development Team to deliver a single document, if that is what agreed by the ST/Product Owner during Sprint Planning rather than a product Increment

I feel that it should be an shippable increment and not a doc

5. Can the Scrum Master Advise the Scrum Team to stop Sprint Planning meeting early if the work for the Development Team begins to exceed their capacity and advise the DT not take on any more Product Backlog items and start the Sprint development and negotiate the selected PBI with PO

Since SM is the facillitator he can advise the ST but its up to the PO and DT to make the decision

Regards

09:42 am September 28, 2014

Thanks Everyone. Passed PSM1 exam today. Here is what i did

1. Indepth Study of Scrum Guide
2. Practice testtaker online SCRM course
3. Follow the Scrum .org forum on discussions
4. Read ScrumPrimer
5. Read Software in 30 days

Good luck

Gutam

01:05 pm September 28, 2014

Please read Scrum guide - you will get all answers for the questions you posted...

http://www.scrumguides.org/

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.