Skip to main content

SPS or LeSS or SAFe?

Last post 02:25 pm August 10, 2022 by Chuck Suscheck
2 replies
01:45 pm August 9, 2022

As someone holding PSM2 what is the next best thing to explore? SPS or LeSS or SAFe? I am looking for training and certification in one of these. I work in London.

Thanks

04:15 pm August 9, 2022

If you want to explore something to potentially be able to advance your career and have mobility into organizations using other frameworks, I'd recommend checking out job boards to see what knowledge companies are looking for, especially companies in a particular domain, industry, or geographic area. That may give you a good idea of what skills would be marketable.

That said, Nexus (what the SPS tests against), LeSS, and SAFe solve different problems and aren't easily comparable. Nexus, LeSS, and Scrum@Scale are frameworks to give structures around Scrum to help multiple teams coordinate when working on a single product. Scrum@Scale also provides some guidance that could apply to portfolios or other parts of an organization. All three are strongly rooted in the Scrum Guide. SAFe, at the Essential level, provides structures for multiple teams to work together to build a single product, but, although it uses some of the Scrum terms and concepts, is not based on Scrum as it's defined in the Scrum Guide. The higher levels of SAFe also provide considerations for highly complex products, portfolios of products, and an enterprise that consists of multiple products and product portfolios.

02:25 pm August 10, 2022

I advise scrum masters to take the PSK - this is THE way to get you scrum team to be more effective.  I know it's not in the list, but unless you are scaling, the PSK is better for team and scrum master effectiveness.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.