While the team works, the Product Owner ...

Last post 07:52 am January 22, 2015
by Fernando Moyano
2 replies
Author

In your experience, what the product owner should be doing while the team is working on a sprint?

My thought is that she/he should be talking to the client, gathering information for the stories, understanding the backlog, prioritizing it with the cleinte, and answering to the team when they have doubts.

I would like to hear about your own experience.

02:38 am January 22, 2015

Hi Fernando,
you are absolutely right. The Product Owner is responsible for the value delivered by the development team.
So he has to work with the stakeholders / clients / users to find out which product features might create value, and he has to work with the development team to help them understand the business needs and clarify / refine corresponding Product Backlog Items.
In addition he can try to get more funding for the product, i.e. make a pitch for the sponsor to add more developers / teams.
Hope that helps!
Ludwig

07:52 am January 22, 2015

Posted By Ludwig Harsch on 22 Jan 2015 02:38 AM
In addition he can try to get more funding for the product, i.e. make a pitch for the sponsor to add more developers / teams.
Hope that helps!
Ludwig

That's a good point, I never heard about having the PO doing that kind of work but it sounds good. Thanks for your contribution.