Skip to main content

How to manage sync meetings

Last post 06:41 am September 7, 2022 by Ian Mitchell
1 reply
09:48 pm September 6, 2022

Hello everyone,

I am working as a scrum master in an institution's production line. However, I wanted to share with you a situation that I observed throughout the institution.

There are multiple production lines and squads in each production line in the institution I work for. Each production line develops according to the Scrum or Kanban methodology. In addition, these production lines are integrated in the development of certain products. Until now, integration alignments have been managed by so-called Nexus Sync meetings. These meetings are held once a month and the Product Owners of each production line, Scrum Masters (Optional) and a facilitator participate. However, as far as I have observed, these meetings cannot be managed efficiently, that is, participation cannot be achieved. In general, there are other meetings on the calendars of the participants and they do not participate, so the meetings are cancelled. How do you think integration management should be managed between interdependent production lines? Should these meetings be continued and explored how they can be managed better?

I am only an observer in this position, so if you ask why these processes are managed like this, I may not be able to give you a clear answer :)

Thanks for your replies.

Best regards,

06:41 am September 7, 2022

It sounds like certain agile terms and dimly perceived concepts have been grasped at, and then layered over an existing production culture as a sort of veneer. However, there's no indication that the organization has really stopped doing anything to start doing Scrum. The organizational gravity has not been overcome, ensuring that people continue doing the same-old same-old.

When you reflect upon the Scrum Guide, Kanban Guide, and Nexus Guide, do you perceive a clear gap which you can then illuminate to others in the company and help them navigate?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.