Skip to main content

Sync meetings improvement

Last post 02:44 pm September 20, 2022 by Daniel Wilhite
2 replies
11:19 am September 20, 2022

Hello,

I hope you are all fine. We want to make the sync meetings we have held throughout the organization more efficient. We are currently holding PO Sync meetings on a monthly basis and SoS meetings on a weekly basis. In particular, we want to carry out the weekly SoS meetings more efficiently. For example; Ensuring participation in the meeting, interactive meeting process and increasing useful outputs after the meeting. I would like to learn how you manage similar dependency meetings and what tools/equipment you use. 

Our applications that are currently in common use such as jira, confluence, mural. Are there any structures that you benefit from these applications? Or do you use different applications?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

11:58 am September 20, 2022

Why not descale the challenge, so that cross-functional teams become fully capable of creating their own Product Increments, and the dependencies you speak of are correspondingly reduced?

02:44 pm September 20, 2022

I'm not entirely sure what a "sync meeting" is but it sounds like some type of project management coordination meeting where people discuss dependencies and give status to others.  It also sounds like nothing that is described in the Scrum Guide or any scaling methods that I know. 

I agree with @Ian.  Why not address the problem that is causing these meetings to exist and return the control back to the individual Scrum Teams? If you are struggling to make these meetings efficient, maybe it is because they aren't the proper solution to the problem. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.