Skip to main content

How to get certified / which training sites to trust?

Last post 02:23 am June 9, 2015 by Lakshmi C Telladarla
2 replies
03:25 pm June 5, 2015

Hello all,

I'm new to Scrum, I'm a project coordinator that would like to deal with more IT/software development based projects. My focus is in web development/media production and design with that being said jack of all trades master of none currently ;)

Anyways, my question is this:

I figure Scrum.org is the best place to start, I've seen a lot of training courses that can even certify you around Boston...who could I trust? Or can I start training on my own to take a test to get certified on this site? Apologies for my ignorance on this whole topic.

Thank you!
Matt

05:21 pm June 5, 2015

Matt,

You can trust any course from a Scrum.org instructor. You can also try the self study route, but a course is always the best learning experience.

People are typically more likely to pass our assessments if they've been to a course, but some have succeeded with self study only as well. You can find good posts on how to study for PSM I if you search the archives of this board.

See the links to the assessments on this site for more info.

02:23 am June 9, 2015

Read the Guide thoroughly and conceptualize the ideas. You may optionally invest in training, even otherwise if you go through the recommended list of readings, good to go with certification. I have been a PO in a team that partially implemented scrum, but going forward I would make sure we follow "Scrum" and don't customize it to indulge traditional PMPs.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.