Skip to main content

Passed PSMII

Last post 03:40 am October 25, 2022 by Abayomi Joseph Ajayi
No replies yet
03:40 am October 25, 2022

I took the PSMII exam yesterday 24/10/22 with 89% pass and this was after my first failure of 83%. I took the second exam one week after the first one.

I know those who are aspiring to take the exam might like me to share my experience; thus, I will say I bought and read the books recommended by some of those who have passed the exam and some books on Scrum website however, on a personal note, while those readings increased my knowledge significantly, I could not have passed the exam without other PSMII study materials on Udemy, forum, blogs, few case studies, Nexus Guide, open exams (PSMI/II, Nexus, PO) and the resources on the professional Scrum competencies relating to PSMII. I just read everything that I come across as interesting. To pass the exam, one also needs a thorough understanding and application of the Scrum Guide/Framework in its entirety. 

There is an element of common sense and critical thinking in passing the exam, the exam is tricky especially in choosing the best answer out of other correct ones, there are some answers that I quickly eliminated to concentrate on others closely matching while I also had the Scrum guide handy for quick a reference. There is enough time to take the exam thus, I was able to go back and check some answers and reflect on if they are actually good to my understanding. I also ensured that questions that need 2-3 answers are reviewed to ensure I picked the number of answers required. Please read the questions properly do not assume, do not rush and keep the Scrum guide in mind always. I also observed in my own opinion that you do not necessarily need to have a working experience to pass the exam if you equip yourself with the appropriate materials prior to the exam.

I decided that I have to retake the exam as soon as possible so as to still have that energy and the strong mind set to pass the exam so if you fail on first attempt, please do not give up, try again. All the best to those who are planning to take the PSMII exam. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.