Skip to main content

Virtual Daily SCRUM Meeting

Last post 03:53 pm February 25, 2016 by Andrzej Zińczuk
3 replies
06:48 pm August 6, 2015

I am a big fan of the Daily SCRUM Meeting (and not just for Agile teams - I think all project managers should use these approaches). I am working on developing an app to conduct virtual daily SCRUM Meetings - I used a commercial off the shelf development tool for collaboration to build my tool - MeetingSphere.

The way I see doing virtual daily SCRUM Meetings is that the team logs onto the app before the designated time and answers the three questions. Then the team stays logged in when they get on a conference call with the team. As the SCRUM Master goes through the posts people comment and document their comments in the tool.

You can try the app here: https://msp.meetingsphere.com/scrum

I would love to get some feedback and some ideas for features I could add or things I should take out.

For example, I added a "Mood Meter" to periodically get feedback on subjects like stakeholder education and the getting to a definition of "done" - but I am not sure if this is appropriate in the daily SCRUM Meeting even if it is only used periodically.

I think using this approach makes sense to document and communicate even if the team is not geographically separated - would like to hear what other people think.

Thanks
Peter

12:55 am September 20, 2015

I was actually on a widely distributed team for about a year and a half. This tool looks a little overkill. We used Lotus Notes Sametime to share a virtual task board in Rational Team Concert and got everyone on a conference call. I'm a huge advocate of the "KISS" Method (Keep it Stupid Simple). The harder things are to do, the less likely they will be done. I like the idea of a "happiness metric", but the overhead of the rest of the tool is too much. It is hard enough to get people to enter their time remaining in a tool, to get them to answer their questions online before scrum... not gunna happen.

07:52 am November 12, 2015

I agree, it should be more verbal communication then writing anything in a tool. Also try out tools where in team members can see each other's face.

03:53 pm February 25, 2016

you can use skype, gotomeeting, bluejeans or hangout to have chance see each other

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.