Skip to main content

Examples of when a scrum master has helped a team reach goals, or overcome obstacles - any real world case studies?

Last post 06:12 pm December 5, 2022 by vijay guntur
2 replies
01:53 pm November 8, 2022

Hi,

I can find a lot of information about the ideals for a scrum master and generalised information about the kinds of activities a scrum master should be engaged in, but I'm having trouble finding more contextual real-world examples of day to day facilitation that a scrum master has encountered and dealt with.

I feel such examples would be helpful to the learner, as most of what is out there is disembodied from its real life setting.  I say this as someone who finds most things are greyer and trickier in reality than on paper.  There are layers of politics in most workplaces, not to mention power dynamics. 

Any help on this would be great. 

06:20 pm November 8, 2022

Whatever you facilitate, it's important to avoid becoming a dependency. We want people to self-manage. The most important thing for a Scrum Master to enable is their understanding of Scrum.

05:56 am December 5, 2022

There are lot of situations where scrum master helped the team like creating the definition of ready and definition of done and priority of the tasks that they are doing or planning the KT with in the team or outside the team or having proper discussion with PO or client or stake holders etc or improving the competency by giving the constructive feedback to the team members whenever required.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.