Skip to main content

Tips for scrum implementation

Last post 10:00 am March 28, 2016 by Renan Melo
9 replies
11:45 am February 29, 2016

Greetings to all!!

I will make a first implementation of Scrum on my Company, im a little bit nervous, any tips?

01:15 pm February 29, 2016

If you want feedback, you must provide more details about your company and what you are trying to do.

02:42 pm March 16, 2016

I will try Scrum, first on a single project where the client and the PO are internal. We have a little team with 9 members. The main problem is that they arent multi functional, and exist a little paralelism on their tasks. My objective is decrease all external interferences i can.

Besides that, i need a tool for scrum management and dont know which to use. Im trying a Redmine plugin to scrum.

All hints are welcome.

05:39 pm March 16, 2016

A electronic tool is probably not the first things you need !
It won't help people to build efficient interactions.

08:11 am March 21, 2016

What the first things i need?

I know the theory, i need hints for first implementation!

Tnks for the tips!!!

06:37 am March 22, 2016

The first things you need is:
- management that had a SCRUM training
- team members, SCRUM master and PO that had a SCRUM training
- task board (physical or erlectronical, where I would also recommend a real physical board for the start)
- PO that had time to prepare some user stories (a backlog)
- a definition of done,
- a sprint length

06:39 am March 22, 2016

Nice!!

Thanks Joerg!!

05:01 am March 23, 2016

My tip : looks for volunteers :-)

06:28 am March 24, 2016

What is your current SW methodology used by your team for other projects?

10:00 am March 28, 2016

Hi Amir.

There is no methodology. They simply do the tasks that they see on Redmine. Its like a waterfall model with a lot of paralelism.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.