Skip to main content

Please help with: Scrum methodology is...

Last post 08:37 am April 1, 2016 by Shahid Aslam
8 replies
07:30 am March 30, 2016

Plaese help with question! Very much thank you!

Select ALL VARIANTS THAT ARE FALSE. In Scrum:

a. Team velocity is constant, but it can be changed by Scrum Master.

b. Team ususallly do the analysis of sprint to identify gaps and reasons of fais

c. Sprint backlog content should often change

d. Sprint backlog has stories taken from product backlog

e. Standert iteration for a Sprint is 4-8 weeks

f. After end of the Sprint team works to achieve a stable version of product that might be delivered

g. Groomigs usually happen before plannings

h. There are daily based regular meeting

11:01 am March 30, 2016

Why not state your assumptions about what this question means, and then provide your best answer. If we can see your reasoning we will be better able to help.

Frankly though, this question is so poorly written that its usefulness seems in doubt.

12:14 pm March 30, 2016

I concur with Ian's post.

Jira, I would ask you to not only provide the source of these questions, but also explain what information you are hoping the community can provide to you, other than help with random poorly-constructed Scrum multiple choice questions.

Most of the contributors here are pretty sound in their understanding and practice of Scrum.

12:37 pm March 30, 2016

Posted By Timothy Baffa on 30 Mar 2016 12:14 PM
I concur with Ian's post.

Jira, I would ask you to not only provide the source of these questions, but also explain what information you are hoping the community can provide to you, other than help with random poorly-constructed Scrum multiple choice questions.

Most of the contributors here are pretty sound in their understanding and practice of Scrum.

It's one of the question that I must complete in QA course. It's a general information about Scrum methodology that uses in companies for creating Software products(what happen as usually in Scrum companies), I must to choose uncorrect answers. My answers was: a and e, but I' m not sure in it, so I very very ask your help! Thank you!

01:26 pm March 30, 2016

Unfortunatelly cannot provide a link because this is a test
Please help, last hope on you...

02:43 pm March 30, 2016

It's one of the question that I must complete in QA course...

You mean you are a student and you ask us to give you the answer of your test ?
Do you think it is really usefull and ethical for you ?

02:50 pm March 30, 2016

Posted By Olivier Ledru on 30 Mar 2016 02:43 PM

It's one of the question that I must complete in QA course...

You mean you are a student and you ask us to give you the answer of your test ?
Do you think it is really usefull and ethical for you ?

Yes, because I search and try many times, it's difficult to understand THIS question for me, so I asking this you, please, hope you understand

04:30 pm March 30, 2016

Jira,

What QA course?

And no, it is not ethical to ask others for answers to a test that is supposed to illustrate your competency.

I will agree with you that A and E are false. I can also see other false options, but again the question is so poorly constructed and phrased that I would simply refrain from answering.

Good luck to you.

08:37 am April 1, 2016

Posted By Jira Jirov on 30 Mar 2016 07:30 AM
Plaese help with question! Very much thank you!

Select ALL VARIANTS THAT ARE FALSE. In Scrum:

a. Team velocity is constant, but it can be changed by Scrum Master.

b. Team ususallly do the analysis of sprint to identify gaps and reasons of fais

c. Sprint backlog content should often change

d. Sprint backlog has stories taken from product backlog

e. Standert iteration for a Sprint is 4-8 weeks

f. After end of the Sprint team works to achieve a stable version of product that might be delivered

g. Groomigs usually happen before plannings

h. There are daily based regular meeting

I agree with all of the above points wrt this being very unclear... One thing for sure you really need to read up on the scrum guide over and over again until its crystal clear as to roles/responsibilities, events, artifacts and rules which binds it together... With that in mind I'll try my best with helping ;-)

a) False - Scrum master does not have this authority.... You need to learn what the role of a scrum master is....

b) This is vague..... Note the sprint review and sprint retrospective in this case and what issues it addresses. It is clear both events are different with addressing different aspects i.e. product development/outcome of sprint versus how the team operates and improvements with regards to the definition of done.

c) True - items get decomposed and tasks/sub tasks identified etc... However one needs to be careful with regards to impact to sprint goal and definiton of done.

d) True - ask yourself the purpose of product backlog and why hold the sprint planning...

e) False - max duration is 4 weeks. Read the scrum guide!

f) False - You need to understand the definition of done and what an increment is....

g) Yes - this happens through the project life-cyle. My assumption is that you are referring to product backlog refinement so that PBIs are well understood and are ready to be moved into a sprint backlog...

h) Yes - I assume you are referring to the daily scrum....

Reading through the questions - its very obvious that you really need to take a time out with trying to answer questions.... Instead take the time to understand the framework and focus on learning that first before jumping in with pre-concieved ideas....

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.