Skip to main content

My Journey as a Professional Scrum Master

Last post 06:24 pm February 7, 2023 by babatunde abisoye
4 replies
12:16 am January 27, 2023

So im new here and pretty excited. Also looking to push myself ....anyone with useful tips/guide?

10:38 am January 28, 2023

Is this the start of your journey?

If you haven't read the Scrum Guide, start there. If you have read the Scrum Guide, return there. Often. It is only 14 pages, but there is a lot to unpack in those 14 pages.

Professional Scrum Master training will help get you off to a good start or you can start with self-directed learning

Use this forum to ask questions and share insights with the community.

Keeping thinking about it as a journey. There is no final destination, only continuous learning and growth. I have been on the Professional Scrum journey for about 5 years and I learn more every day. Many in this community have been on the journey much longer than that, and I am sure most would share that they are still learning.

10:20 pm February 4, 2023

Scrum master is a facilitator and coach but I will always suggest Scrum Master to learn the Product and functionality besides Scrum Master's role streamlining processes and removing obstacles. It helps so much for Scrum Master to understand the discussions in Stand up.

07:37 am February 5, 2023

Congratulations for starting your Agile Scrum journey, as Ryan has advised, taking the professional exam will help you while reading the Scrum Guide every other day. The journey might be challenging initially, keep pushing, never give up as this is a rewarding journey. Take things one day at a time, there are members here who have an amazing wealth of experience, so be rest assured that you are in a good place. All the very best. 

03:52 pm February 7, 2023

Hi everyone, i am pleased to announce that i passed my PSM1 exams! and want to thank Ryan and Joseph for the advise, that really helped.  Also i am interested in "on the job" experiences and im hoping you guys will put me through the right direction.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.