Skip to main content

Nexus adoptions

Last post 03:48 pm March 29, 2023 by Eric Naiburg
3 replies
08:17 am March 17, 2023

Good day all!

I hope you can help me and with that enrich this forum with it.

I am looking for adoptions of Nexus and stories how it came about that from the scaling methods, Nexus was chosen.

What problems did you encounter and how were they solved or mitigated?

Working with Nexus for some time, is it still your method of choice?

How big is your Nexus (how many teams)?

And any other useful uplifting or counter productive things you think of.

Thank you 

08:12 pm March 17, 2023

Bear in mind that Nexus is not a method, it is a framework, and successful implementations are not chosen but rather a continuation of what teams are already doing. Scaled Professional Scrum is still Scrum.

10:56 am March 29, 2023

I've used the Nexus framework with three Scrum Teams (two working on-site and 1 working off-site).

Like Ian said, I decided to use Nexus because we were already working in Scrum and we would be working on 1 common backlog (important fact, since this is what scaling should be all about).

Most important is that your Scrum teams are already invested into and accept Scrum or introducing the Nexus framework will create a lot of hostility towards Scrum.

Secondly, I also used a Scrum of Scrums for coordinating between Teams that worked together, but had individual backlogs or even didn't need to work in Scrum or another Agile framework (example Database Teams or Main/Midframe Teams, Company Security, etc...). They just needed a timeline with was expected from them at certain points to support our Scrum Teams.

03:48 pm March 29, 2023

Hi @rene there are several case studies here: https://www.scrum.org/resources?field_resource_tags_target_id=150&type=69

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.