Skip to main content

Best Scrum software

Last post 10:15 pm April 18, 2023 by Ian Mitchell
4 replies
07:47 pm April 17, 2023

We all know Jira, this Atlassian product is slowly becoming same thing for Agile practitioners, as Microsoft Windows became for the whole It industry, acting like  T rex and annihilating all alternatives.

Nevertheless I have my own old darling, which I want to share

Personally I believe that a best software for running Scrum projects which has ever exited is good, old Microsoft Excel..

I can elaborate, but would be nice to hear your thoughts

11:20 am April 18, 2023

Personally, I miss the days of a team all sitting in the same room using whiteboards, markers, and sticky notes to visualize the Product and Sprint Backlog.

01:32 pm April 18, 2023

I stumbled upon IceScrum

I haven't tried it yet, but it says it helps implementing good practices and is Scrum compliant.

02:58 pm April 18, 2023

I agree with @Chris.  I think that was the most productive I have ever seen teams be.  They didn't have to worry about making a tool work for them.  They were able to make up all the rules, access was easy. 

@Nicholas, I can see where you are going with Excel.  It is as close to a physical board as you can get.  The rules are entirely up to the Scrum Team to decide.  The process doesn't have to fit into a tool.  I, like everyone else, has had the "pleasure" of using Jira but only because I had to.  I would use Trello over Jira if I had to use something of that kind.

10:15 pm April 18, 2023

There was a time, long ago, when the Scrum Framework consisted of Excel spreadsheets, and being a Scrum Master was a license to use them.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.