Skip to main content

Prep for PSPO I exam

Last post 08:41 pm July 7, 2020 by Orlando Farias
8 replies
05:21 pm August 18, 2016

Hi,

I'm happy to share that I have passed PSM I exam with 98.8% couple of days back and now planning to give PSPO I exam in a week or two.

In my experience I found that thorough understanding of the Scrum Guide is the key and you can attempt open assessments and mock exams like Mikhail Lapshin & others to test the coverage.

It would really help if someone can share some tips on how to prepare for PSPO I exam as I'm not able to find good resources like step-wise guidance and/or mock exams compared to the way it is available for PSM I.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gaurav Sahi

05:50 am August 19, 2016

Gaurav - Here you go!

If possible, you can take a PSPO training scheduled nearer to you. Check the dates of upcoming training at scrum.org. However, it is not necessary for the assessment prep. Enough to follow the Dos and Don'ts

Do's

- On the top of PSM knowledge, learn more on Product Value Maximization and Product Backlog Management

- If you have not scored a minimum of 95% in PSM, you still need to increase your scrum knowledge little bit. Read the recommended sources for PSM once again

- Fully utilize the Product Owner open assessments. Even if you have done already, again attend Michael Lapshin simulation for PSM. While doing both, do not limit to only the right choices, but understand why other choices are not the best choices

- Read these two books:

1. The Professional Scrum Product Owner: Guide to Pass PSPO 1 Certification (https://www.amazon.in/Professional-Scrum-Product-Owner-Certification-eb…)

2. Scrum Product Ownership: Balancing Value from the Inside Out (https://www.amazon.in/Scrum-Product-Ownership-Balancing-Inside-ebook/dp…)

Don'ts

- Missing to get familiar with scaled scrum and nexus open assessment

- Thinking that you have acquired actual knowledge of product owner from your job and that is enough.

- Using the paid online simulation tests

- Trying to read all the books recommended for PSPO subject areas. Some of them conflict among themselves

Nafar

07:26 am August 19, 2016

Thanks a lot Nafar for your crisp advice.

Are there additional mock exams available for PSPO I, same like PSM I assessment.

Regards,
Gaurav Sahi

09:42 pm December 22, 2016

Here's a good resource that lists helpful steps in preparing for the PSPO I assessment: http://www.scrumcrazy.com/Scrum.org+PSPO+I+Study+Tips

I'm studying now & plan to take the asessment tomorrow...

11:47 pm October 12, 2019

HI, Can I take PSPO exam without needing to take PSM cert? and can you share the relative documents. 

01:22 pm February 4, 2020

Yup  happy to announce I cleared the PSM 1 with 96.3 %.  May be hard to believe but somewhere I am having a sad feeling for not scoring 100% when i had seen people had scored 100% as well.Well.

06:48 pm April 24, 2020

Can you share some useful resources you used in preparing for this exam. Thanks 

01:45 am April 26, 2020

Hey Lola, 

Have you checked out Mikhail Lapshin's site? He has a free sample PSPO exam that has both a Learning Mode feature and Real Mode which I found extremely useful for preparing for the exam.

http://mlapshin.com/index.php/scrum-quizzes/

08:16 pm July 7, 2020

I'm facing the same question. Just have scored 96.3% on PSM I. Is it enough to succeed on PSPO I?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.