Sacramento, CA Based Scrum Master/Agile Coach needed (Technical)
Thank you for letting us post our open position here on your forum. We have an urgent need in our Sacramento Metro region for the following skill set. If this is you, please either cut and paste the link and apply directly or email me at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org. - Kind regards, Jessica Nagle, Senior Recruiter - CGI
CGI, one of the worlds most renowned Consulting firms has a fantastic opportunity for a Sacramento based Technical Scrum Master/ Agile Coach to support one of our major projects.
Link to the role (to apply) - https://cgi.njoyn.com/cgi/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=21001&page=jobdetails&jobi…
Technical Scrum Master/Agile Coach
CGI is seeking a Certified Scrum Master/Agile Coach to join our Sacramento Team. The Scrum Master will support one or more delivery teams within a fast-paced application development environment. As the Scrum Master, you will be a critical member of the core delivery team empowered to help build high performing teams, build shippable product, and be responsible for leading Agile project coordination to support various upstream and downstream teams. The Scrum Master serves as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team, along with maintaining the product backlog and release plan and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work within the core delivery team empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications, and building high performing delivery teams. Serve as Scrum Master/Agile Coach for 1 -2 scrum teams
• Utilize project coordination expertise and tools such as Opensource to support upstream and downstream teams throughout SDLC.
• Engage stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
• Facilitate the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
• Serve as knowledge source within project teams as assigned.
• Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders
• Represent the team daily at the Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting to report impediments for escalation.
• Facilitate scrum ceremonies for the team (Daily Stand-up, Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).
• Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner.
• Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup, cumulative flow, velocity, etc.)
• Act as a conduit to other teams and LOBs with which the team is interacting.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
5-8 years of software development experience (either BA, tester or developer) Ruby on Rails experience is needed.
2-5+ years’ experience leading Agile Scrum teams/serving as a Scrum Master/Coach
Strong coaching and communication skills
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
• Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including SAFe, Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.