Skip to main content

PSM1 first attempt 83,75% close but not reached the target 85% very very frustrated

Last post 01:30 pm June 26, 2018 by SOURABRATA BURMAN
14 replies
04:27 pm November 1, 2016

Hello,

I tried yesterday and got marks of 83.75%. I lost very very close examination.

I followed all the tips I found in the forum.

1.Read the Scrum Guide in spanish.
2.Read the Scrum Guide 3 time morein English
3. Make the open assessment 6 times with a score of 100%
Do the same with the Product Owner assessment. Make this assessment 5 times with a score of 100%
4. Appear for the assessment published by Mikhail as many times as you can. URL - http://mlapshin.com/index.php/psm-q...real-mode/

I feel that I need more language skills (my native language is Spanish) and it was difficult to correctly interpret some questions, which reaches almost to the limit of time, to mark the 80 questions, leaving only 3 minutes to review 13 questions that had left marked for review.
Even I had to use some translator what made me lose time.

:( I feel very sad, but I will continue studying

09:30 pm November 1, 2016

Sorry to hear that. It should be very frustrating. And you missed 1 or 2 questions...
Reading through this forum helps a lot with familiarizing with the questions and how they're asked. If I may - I'd recommend to plan some time reading the threads with Q&A for the PSM test and then to schedule another try.
Good luck!

01:53 pm November 2, 2016

Sorry for you Luisa.
Good news is that you are ready to get a high score next time.

Like you, I'm far from beeing fluent in English. My tip is to have a tab on my browser open on translate.google.com.
Each time I'm not 100% sure of the meaning of the question, I quickly copy/paste it from the test to the translate tab.
I hope it can help you to get a 100% score.

06:50 pm November 2, 2016

I just passed the exam today and i understand how frustrating it can be as the questions were very tricky. I had to bookmark about 6-7 questions and go back to them to think them thru.

I suggest following the tips from this posting: http://mlapshin.com/index.php/2015/09/08/psm-exam/

Also another thing that helped me the most is investing in http://mplaza.pm/ PSM 1 exam prep questions there are 3 prep exams which would help you prepare.

Good Luck!

10:06 pm November 2, 2016

pls share.

07:50 am November 3, 2016

Hello Sejal,

I just started preparing for PSM I. Do you have the active account of M Plaza - PSM I Preparation Practice Exams?
If you can share with me, I would be grateful.

Regards,
Neha

02:03 pm November 3, 2016

Hi Neha,

no offense, but seriously we are talking about 37€ / $42.. pretty cheap for three decent simulation exams with a lot of clear explanation. They are putting a lot of work into it to provide high quality study materials on their website :-)

Greetings,
Peter

12:19 pm November 13, 2016

Same here, 83,8%. I guess I shouldn't have canged that one answer I bookmarked at the end of the exam.
Somehow I saw two kinds of questions; straight from the guide and open tests ( and I know all by heart) and questions I didn't recognize at all, mostly about scaled scrum related.
Next step is to find more information and give it another try next week or so.

09:53 pm November 14, 2016

It's very frustrated. As a silver lining - it stimulates learning more about the subject.
I found this forum very effective for the preparation, especially the threads with the Q&A discussions.
Good luck!

04:50 pm November 17, 2016

Luisa, I understand your frustration. I'm not a native English speaker either.

But it's not a bad score, and you will soon make it. What helped me was reading the English guide together with the one in my native language, that made it more clear - also it helps just by getting you to read the guides a lot of times...

Also, as Nick said, the Q&A threads are very helpful.

Good luck!

09:52 am June 22, 2018

I suggest several tips and tricks for agile y scrum 

01:40 pm June 22, 2018

Keep your chin up, Dario.  The language barrier is an obstacle I didn't have to contend with, but once you've passed your test and become certified you'll also have a big advantage which I don't have: you'll be a bilingual scrum master.  I can tell you, here in Florida that is a very, very desirable skill set.

11:51 am June 23, 2018

Hi everyone,

in fact, reading the scrum guide surely is not enough. because one needs more explanation particularly if the language is insufficient. I advise to read the book of "Mohammed Mustafa Soukath ali" which is called  (Narrative and PSM Exam Guide). I read it two times to get a comprehensive understanding of the scrum guide.

good luck next time

10:42 pm June 23, 2018

When doing an exam under time pressure I sometimes  use this kind of table to make optimal use of the available time. You don't to go too fast or too slow. This one I made for the GSEC exam: GIAC gives you 300 min to answer 180 questions. For example when the countdown was at 4 hours i needed at least 38 answered questions.

You could do the same for 60 min and 80 questions to avoid having to answer the last 13 questions  in 3 min. Attach it to the side of your display.

Time table

05:22 am June 26, 2018

I cleared PSM 1 last night with 98% but somehow i was slow during the assessment as it took sometime for me to understand the question and then think to answer it correctly. Questions were bit tricky and from real time scenerio. In a scale of 5 the open assessment for me will be 2 rating as in the real assessment it was a complete different ball game.

Hi Luisa - All the best and you will make it this time.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.