Skip to main content

Any Financial Institutions Doing Scrum and/or Agile?

Last post 04:37 pm September 28, 2023 by Marcus Williams
3 replies
09:00 pm August 11, 2023

Hi,

My organization (a Credit Union) has been trying to adopt Scrum and Agile for some time now with mixed and varying results.  I'd really like to visit with other Financial Institutions that have been down this path to learn from them; successes, failures, what worked, what didn't work, how they overcame the various obstacles, what standards and processes worked for them, etc.  I see the massive potential of benefits we can reap here, but things just aren't clicking.  I want to be part of changing that for good.  Would anybody out there be willing to talk and/or have me tag along a bit and learn?

Thanks,

Marcus

04:04 pm August 23, 2023

Most banks if not all in Europe at least use Scrum, and ING went as far as trying Spotify Model.

05:23 pm September 1, 2023

Hello Marcus!  I was involved with the WPS Health Solutions (health insurance) successful rollout of Scrum in the Human Resources area in 2019. A WPS whitepaper/case study can be found on Gartner for WPS. I am now with UW Credit Union in Madison WI as the People Technology Manager and we are evaluating Scrum. I am piloting a Scrum Team on a separate initiative also and we are in Sprint 2, and believe this will be successful. If you look at my profile, find a scrum.org certified scrum trainer to deliver the Applying Professional Scrum to persons that will be Scrum Masters and Product Owners. Second, coaching directly with teams prior to sprint 1 and during first three sprints is also suggested. Third, create a team agreement by sprint 5 to help the team(s) past the forming phase and into norming. Fourth, don't worry about the past failures, once you get the right approach, it will work.  Don't worry about a perfect sprint 1 either.  Get leaders to set a date and let the teams practice, but don't give up.  Lastly, we use Azure DevOps for artifacts.  Be sure to have your artifact tool ready to go and use a train the trainer approach for deploying those to teams.

12:36 pm September 28, 2023

Thank you all for your advice, I do appreciate it.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.