Skip to main content

Clear the confusion in user story

Last post 09:01 am February 7, 2017 by Sanjay Saini
1 reply
07:01 am February 3, 2017

The requirement is : Message creator submits message and then the notification goes to reviewer who reviews the message.

Now, 1st user story is about : Message creator submits message.

2nd user story is about : Reviewer gets the notification

As a Reviewer
I should get a notification when a Message writer submits a message
So that I can review the message

My question is : can we simply avoid second user story and mention the requirement under acceptance criteria of first user story?

For example, one of the acceptance criteria of first user story would be :

If user clicks on “SUBMIT” without filling all the mandatory fields, appropriate message should be shown to user and notification should go to reviewer.

My other question is where should we mention the standard format of notification content ?

09:01 am February 7, 2017

It depends on the Size of the story or PBI. Your team should be able to complete it within a Sprint. You can use the Acceptance criteria for notification content.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.