Skip to main content

Implementing SCRUM for SEO Teams

Last post 04:25 pm September 8, 2023 by Daniel Wilhite
1 reply
03:25 pm September 5, 2023

Greetings,

I recently earned my scrum master certification and would like to implement the SCRUM framework for the SEO teams at an agency I am consulting with.  Does anyone have experience implementing SCRUM for SEO teams?

04:25 pm September 8, 2023

The first question you need to answer is if anyone at the agency wants the change?  Will you have support of the agency leadership? If not, there really is no reason to attempt the change. 

Another question is why do you think that using the Scrum framework would benefit the agency.  And is there anyone that is working on these teams that feel it could be beneficial. 

Implementing the Scrum framework is not something that can be successful for specific teams if the rest of the organization is not willing to support them.  In those cases, it actually could be harmful to attempt the implementation. 

About your specific question on SEO teams.  Yes, I have supported Scrum teams that did SEO work.  It is no different than any other kind of work where the problems being solved are complex and involve frequent changes. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.