Skip to main content

What is the best resource with mock tests?

Last post 09:21 pm December 18, 2018 by Scrum Support
11 replies
11:13 am February 7, 2017

Hi, everyone!

I have read a lot of posts here about successful experience of passing the PSM I exam. I found different resources, but I am not sure which one the most updated due to the actual Scrum guide. Some participants on this forum have written, that it can be harmful to training with these kinds of recourses. What can you advice to choose:
1) Mplaza: https://mplaza.pm/product/psm-preparation-practice-test/
2) Scrum Star Academy:
https://scrumstar.com/scrum-certification-practice-exam
3) Boston Agile Training:
http://www.bostonagiletraining.com/Scrum_Master_Certification_Practice_…

Thank you in advance.

06:47 pm February 7, 2017

I didn't take any of these except the bostonagiletraining. Apart from that I took scrum open assessment multiple times, Lapshin test (took this 2 days before exams as its just one test), European scrum sample test (but some questions are wrong so don't waste much time on it), product owner test.

Cycle through these tests and make sure you score 95%+ consistently. Also you should know the reasons for correct or incorrect answers (this is the key)

07:46 pm February 7, 2017

This thread provides with useful (and "validated") resources:
https://www.scrum.org/Forums/aft/2429

12:24 am February 8, 2017

I have used Mplaza and it is good. However, the scrum guide is all you need to pass the level 1 exam

04:56 pm February 9, 2017

Sujith Gokuladas, Do you mean that Mplaza test wasn't so necessary for preparation?
I do Open Assessment with 100% and Mikhail Lapshin test with 96%, and of course, I am reading Scrum Guide from time to time to find what I missed... Before that, I have read some books about Scrum, written by Mike Cohn and others. Is it enough or it worth to have more mock tests?

01:38 pm February 15, 2017

Hi!

I finally passed the exam yesterday. I scored with 92.5% and I am very happy because it wasn't so easy like Open Assessment tests. My tips:

1) Before trying to read any books and took any mock test it is better to read Scrum Guide very carefully firstly in your own language, when in English. I was reading Scrum Guide in a day for more than 10 times, and I always have found important things.

2) I was passing Open Assessment PSM I and PSPO I tests 100% for 3.5 minutes.

3) Lapshin tests - 15 minutes 100%. They help me a lot to check my Scrum Guide knowledge.

4) I bought "Scrum Narrative and PSM Exam Guide", but it wasn't necessary because I read Scrum Guide so many times.

5) I bought "Boston Agile Training" and I really liked it. It much more difficult than Open Assessment and Lapshin tests. After this mock tests I have found my weak areas and I work hard to fix it searching the right answers on this forum.

In general, it took two weeks very intensive every day's preparation. I am happy to improve my knowledge during preparation, that's why I think it's a very significant exam. But, as Mike Cohn said: "You must always, always, always try to improve".

09:50 am March 16, 2018

Hi Anna/ Sujit,

Could you please advise how to get Scrum Guide?

07:19 am March 19, 2018

Hi Anna/ Sujit,

Could you please advise how to get Scrum Guide?

The current version of the Scrum Guide is always available (for free) at http://www.scrumguides.org

08:32 am March 19, 2018

Hi!

You may also use Volkerdon site to prepare for certifications (PSM 1 and PSPO 1).

09:50 am June 25, 2018

Well, Anna testimony is rly frightening : reading the Scrum guide 10 times a day, getting 100% to all test assesments multiple times in a very short time and getting only 92% at the final test ?

And now, are you a good PO/SM ? Are your project a success ?

08:56 pm December 17, 2018

Can someone give me the link for open assignments? When I click on the link it takes me to to the paid test so not sure what I am doing wrong. Please help. 

09:21 pm December 18, 2018

Hi Sridati,

You can find a link to the Open Assessments right in the menu above:

Best of luck in your studies!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.