Skip to main content

PO mistakes and conforntation

Last post 11:22 am February 28, 2017 by Ian Mitchell
3 replies
02:15 am February 18, 2017

I am finding some problems/mistakes in the PO's technical plans (GIU for example).

My PO's are very experienced and even not ready to change their plans, something like PO is always right :)

In front of others PO is not ready to take even constructive confrontation (sprint planning). Experienced project Manager becoming as PO after adopting Scrum process not strong as Technical Lead.

What should be the best to give my feedback and make the corrections.

08:47 pm February 25, 2017

My personal view is scrum is better than waterfall in terms of quality of deliverable's. But does it require a balanced time to achieve this? It takes years to reach a balanced team with same expertise level of all the members. something like 10 years experienced members working with 2 years experienced team member in the same team. Their deliverable's quality will be different. How can we have same done done criteria?

What would be best practice to adopt Scrum in a team with varying expertise levels? My view is it is very uncommon to have same expertise level of all the scrum members.

10:47 am February 28, 2017

"How can we have same done done criteria?"

DoD doesn't change based upon the experience level of the team member. How about doing Pair-Programming? Or a junior developer working with a senior developer on the same PBI but may be on a different technical task.

11:22 am February 28, 2017

> It takes years to reach a balanced team with same expertise level

> of all the members. something like 10 years experienced members

> working with 2 years experienced team member in the same team.

> Their deliverable's quality will be different. How can we have same

> done done criteria?

What evidence do you have that this group of people is functioning as a team at all? The Definition of Done applies to the product increment, not to individual developers.

Perhaps agreeing and observing a Definition of Done, which ensures each increment is fit for potential release, is the first step they must take if they are to become a Scrum Development Team.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.