Skip to main content

Is there a definition of scrum of scrum given by Scrum.org

Last post 03:57 pm March 2, 2017 by Patricia Kong
2 replies
05:26 pm February 27, 2017

i see lot of definitions, But i am not sure we have one outlined by scrum.org. Do we have one? If so, can someone brief with a real time example. 

P.S I have been in scrum of scrum calls. scrum masters of all scrum teams under that Vertical Manager meets weekly. another client had this like scrum masters in a nexus( several scrum teams working on same product) attend scrum of scrum as a daily call. Yeah that should be called as Nexus daily scrum not scrum of scrum, so what is the definition?

01:07 am March 1, 2017

Scrum of Scrums is an overloaded term and I don't believe there's a formal definition.

Gunther Verheyen's recent article may help:

https://dzone.com/articles/sprint-cadence-at-scale

"Within the Sprint, work is often synchronized via a Scrum-of-Scrums, a Daily Scrum across the teams, enabling the teams to replan their work based on the other teams' progress."

03:57 pm March 2, 2017

The Nexus Daily Scrum is about the right people attending, not just the Scrum Masters.  The point is to bring the people who are doing the work, rather than receiving and sharing information second-hand.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.