Skip to main content

PSM 1 Completed, what to do next ?

Last post 07:05 pm December 5, 2023 by soniya sharma
3 replies
10:01 pm November 5, 2023

Hi all

I have completed my PSM 1 in June 2023 at the University Of West minister , i found many job application being rejected based on my CV for a scrum master role or even Junior scrum master.

My background is working in the banking industry as a financial crime analyst, i have also exp working as a branch manager for recruitment agency.

I hold the soft skills for a scum master role but i am unsure to why i am unable to secure a scrum role. 

Any suggestions?

12:46 pm November 9, 2023

Hi Muhammad Dhorat

I have seen these scenarios often and we need to work on filling the gap with what Organizations expect us to have the skill set for a scrum master or agile project manager and accordingly make a plan to improve the skills also by highlighting all relevant skills in our resume.

This is the wide set of scrum master competencies 

https://www.theagileforum.com/about

To lend a good scrum master job you have to work to improve these wide set of scrum master skills.

Please feel free to connect to me (Dhirender Verma) for any kind of help and Visit TheAgileForum for more Details.

You have to Focus on industry enablement of scrum masters with real practical knowledge on live JIRA project, all sprint event simulations, roleplays, case studies, scrum, Kanban, XP, deployment , release and many other topics + Interview guidance.

01:33 pm November 24, 2023

Focus on industry enablement of scrum masters with real practical knowledge on live JIRA project, all sprint event simulations, roleplays, case studies, scrum, Kanban, XP, deployment , release and many other topics + Interview guidance.

Is the above something you can support with?

10:12 am December 5, 2023

Congratulations on completing the PSM 1 certification. Here's what you can consider doing next:
Apply your newly acquired knowledge in real-world scenarios. Apply Scrum principles and practices in your workplace or projects. 

Gain Practical Experience: Look for opportunities to work as a Scrum Master or collaborate closely with Scrum teams to gain hands-on experience. 

Continue Learning: Stay current on Scrum practices, frameworks, and industry trends. Consider pursuing advanced Scrum certifications or attending relevant workshops.

Coach and mentor others in your organization or community who are interested in adopting Scrum practices. 

Explore Agile Practices: Familiarize yourself with other Agile practices and methodologies to broaden your understanding of Agile principles. 

Continuous Improvement: Adopt a mindset of continuous improvement by reflecting on your experiences, identifying areas for growth, and actively working on refining your skills.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.