Skip to main content

Team maturity question

Last post 06:17 pm March 8, 2017 by Nick Pranovich
3 replies
02:13 am March 7, 2017

As a PO I'm struggling getting the team committed to the Sprint Goal and being cross-functional, and even harder to be self-organized. 

The issues lay process-wide: from not being able to run a daily scrum, if SM and PO don't come, to nearly constantly request PO to reduce or simplify the functionality in order to complete sprint BL items.

What I'm going to do is to perform a "maturity estimate" by several process areas. I'm sure I'm not the first person who wants the team to mature. How do you deal with that?

03:38 pm March 7, 2017

I covered this a little bit in the blog post a couple of days ago on "the agile PMO", under agile health checks. Beyond that, you could look at scrum.org's Agility Path and Evidence Based Management.

03:57 am March 8, 2017

BTW what is your SM doing? Don't you think whatever you are trying to do is primarily his/her responsibilities?

06:17 pm March 8, 2017

Ian, thank you. I'm going through your blog post. Well written, good problems review.

Sanjay, thank you for pointing. SM is struggling with the same question. Much more important is to root cause the issue, so we can effectively fix/improve.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.