Skip to main content

Growth with Scrum certified

Last post 06:10 pm March 8, 2017 by Jason Jafarian
1 reply
11:12 am March 8, 2017

Greetings to everyone.

I am testing background and worked in Agile for couple of project. I am ISTQB certified already an wish to take up another external certification. As I worked in Agile project few people recommending to take Scrum Master Certification.

So wish to know growth level for a testing resource having scrum certified/ value added to testing CV? Please clarify.

06:10 pm March 8, 2017

Do you plan to become a scrum master, or do you want to continue working on agile teams as a tester?  If it's the latter, consider the Professional Scrum Developer (PSD I) certification.  In Scrum, testers are part of the development team, and a lot of the concepts (test-driven development, cross-training, code coverage) are covered by the certificate.  I think it would definitely add value to your testing CV.

The Professional Scrum Master certifications are lean more towards people who want to be a manager, team lead, or agile coach.  It might be a good way to advance your career, but it won't be as effective at supporting your current job role.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.