Passed PSPO I exam (2nd attempt, 89%)
Just passed the PSPO I exam.
I read a lot about how to clear the exam after not making it through in the first attempt. Here is all what I did:
1. Understand each and every statement in the Scrum Guide. I read it more than 10 times. Read the guide 2-3 times and take tests and then go back and read it again rather than cramming it up.
2. Try scoring 100% in the open assessments
3. Attempt exam in "Real Mode" on Mikhail Lapshin's Blog. Really helpful in estimating the level of preparation
4. Just before the exam once you've read the Scrum Guide, I suggest attempting the same quiz in "Learning Mode". This really helped in cementing the concepts in the scrum guide.
5. Read the blogs alongside the preparation as the Scrum Guide is too concise a material if you haven't dealt with Scrum at your workplace
6. Many people in the forum have recommended reading books. I did not feel the need because I was aware of Scrum basics at my workplace and also I did not have the time. However, my experience suggests that a good book would have definitely improved the score.
A word of caution though: Don't be complacent by reading the Scrum Guide for the first time (this is what I did). The actual questions in the exam are much tougher than the ones in the open assessments or on Mikhail Lapshin's blog. However, practicing them ensures that you will not miss on the sitters as there is little margin for error. For the tough ones, only the Scrum Guide can save you. I would again recommend to understand each and every statement on the scrum guide as many times possible to crack the tough ones in the exam.
Also after you have tried attempting the 80 questions in the actual exam, a button called "Save and Finish" appears. Once clicked it directly submits your response and gives you the result. It does not ask for a confirmation. This happened in my first attempt and I could not review any of the questions after I completed answering the 80 questions, as I mistakenly clicked "Save and Finish". I would request Scrum.org to add a Confirmation to submit the answers when one clicks "Save and Finish"
All the best!
Congratulations Kasturi. How were the questions for PSPO I exam?