Skip to main content

Passed PSPO I exam (2nd attempt, 89%)

Last post 01:46 pm May 30, 2017 by Tejaswi Mahadeepa
1 reply
12:41 pm March 11, 2017

Just passed the PSPO I exam.

I read a lot about how to clear the exam after not making it through in the first attempt. Here is all what I did:

1. Understand each and every statement in the Scrum Guide. I read it more than 10 times. Read the guide 2-3 times and take tests and then go back and read it again rather than cramming it up.

2. Try scoring 100% in the open assessments

3. Attempt exam in "Real Mode" on Mikhail Lapshin's Blog. Really helpful in estimating the level of preparation

4. Just before the exam once you've read the Scrum Guide, I suggest attempting the same quiz in "Learning Mode". This really helped in cementing the concepts in the scrum guide.

5. Read the blogs alongside the preparation as the Scrum Guide is too concise a material if you haven't dealt with Scrum at your workplace

6. Many people in the forum have recommended reading books. I did not feel the need because I was aware of Scrum basics at my workplace and also I did not have the time. However, my experience suggests that a good book would have definitely improved the score. 

A word of caution though: Don't be complacent by reading the Scrum Guide for the first time (this is what I did). The actual questions in the exam are much tougher than the ones in the open assessments or on Mikhail Lapshin's blog. However, practicing them ensures that you will not miss on the sitters as there is little margin for error. For the tough ones, only the Scrum Guide can save you. I would again recommend to understand each and every statement on the scrum guide as many times possible to crack the tough ones in the exam.

Also after you have tried attempting the 80 questions in the actual exam, a button called "Save and Finish" appears. Once clicked it directly submits your response and gives you the result. It does not ask for a confirmation. This happened in my first attempt and I could not review any of the questions after I completed answering the 80 questions, as I mistakenly clicked "Save and Finish". I would request Scrum.org to add a Confirmation to submit the answers when one clicks "Save and Finish"

All the best!

Scrum On!

05:53 am May 29, 2017

Congratulations Kasturi. How were the questions for PSPO I exam?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.