Skip to main content

PSPO I Certificate

Last post 07:05 pm June 20, 2017 by Alok Kumar
4 replies
05:24 pm March 24, 2017

Hello Folks,

I have tried PSPO I two time but end up scoring 84% only, I did go through scrum guide multiple time , scrum values and product backlog mgmt from other books and forums ,other related materials. Please suggest what other resource could help passing the exam.

Thanks.

04:04 am March 27, 2017

I noticed you haven't yet received a PSM certification.  Although it's certainly not required, a Scrum Master acts as a guide for the PO and should be aware of the same tasks in the Scrum process.  It would be worth looking at the PSM study materials as well as the Scrum Open if you haven't already.  I'd also recommend you skim the Nexus Guide for the sections relevant to Product Ownership, because the PSPO may ask you how the role does (or doesn't) change in a scaled environment.

When you received your email after the exam, it should have contained five categories with percentage ratings for your score in each.  This is to help you identify which areas you've mastered, and which you're weak in.  What areas did you score lower than 85% in?

• Scrum Framework
  • Scrum Theory and Principles
  • Cross-functional, self-organizing Teams
  • Maximizing Value
  • Product Backlog Management

01:00 pm March 27, 2017

Same as Jason, I would recommend to search for some PSM training, a lot of questions are interesting to train. Don't forget to share your willing to take the assessment with other people who already passed it in your company, they may have training QA. Nothing replaces training on QA. A warning though, docs other than Scrum Guide may confuse you by adding some aspects that are not exactly Scrum Framework or Scrum compliant. 

06:06 pm June 20, 2017

I did read the book https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Scrum-Product-Owner-Certification-e… ?  meant for PSPO as it was suggested by some of our community member. Also read CSM -1 book from same author.

May be , I am missing something specially with some tricky question or multi answer.

Two times 84% :( , been demoralizing.  Need to try hard again.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.