Skip to main content

History of Sprint Retrospectives

Last post 10:02 pm January 10, 2024 by Ian Mitchell
2 replies
12:26 pm January 7, 2024

Hello dear community, I am currently researching how sprint retrospectives affect employee satisfaction in my master's thesis. Since I have found almost no scientific documents about it, my study follows the exploratory approach.
I took the definition of the sprint retrospective from the Scrum Guide. I would like to add background information about the format of the Sprint Retrospective. For example, how it was developed or from which other format it emerged. Do you know where I can find information about this or who I can ask?

Thank you very much for your help.

06:15 pm January 10, 2024

Hi, You can find a lot of information in the book Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time. It  talks about Deming's  method of "PDCA cycle" -plan,do,check, and act,  and "Happiness" of the team and how quantify  it and how it should be harnessed into productivity. 

10:02 pm January 10, 2024

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.