Skip to main content

Agile 2

Last post 07:58 am January 18, 2024 by Martin Jungmair
5 replies
04:13 pm January 11, 2024

I apologize for any negative views that may have been expressed. However, there has been a recent promotion of Agile 2 and criticism directed towards Scrum, as mentioned in the following sources:

1. "Agile Has Failed Officially" - Medium article: https://medium.com/developer-rants/agile-has-failed-officially-8136b0522c49
  2. Agile2.net: A website that focuses on the necessary development. "https://agile2.net/"

The question here is whether this poses a real threat to the work and signifies the end of this phase. Will Scrum be developed to align with Agile 2, or is this simply a media buzz?

09:30 am January 15, 2024

It’s true that there has been some criticism directed towards Scrum and a recent promotion of Agile 2 here https://medium.com/developer-rants/agile-has-failed-smash karts-officially-8136b0522c49. However, it’s important to note that Agile 2 is not a replacement for Scrum, but rather a framework that builds on the principles of Agile and Scrum.

Agile 2 is designed to help organizations become more agile and adaptable in a rapidly changing world. It emphasizes the importance of continuous learning, experimentation, and feedback, and provides a set of guiding principles and practices to help teams work more effectively 2.

While there may be some differences between Agile 2 and Scrum, it’s important to remember that both frameworks are designed to help teams work more collaboratively, iteratively, and adaptively. It’s possible that Scrum may evolve to incorporate some of the principles and practices of Agile 2, but it’s also possible that the two frameworks will continue to coexist and complement each other.

10:08 am January 17, 2024

Agile 2 and Amplio are nothing more than a storm in a glas of water.

Agile is a set of values with underlining principles that stays lightweight. Just enough is codified to be universal and can be used as a guidance, yet it leaves it up to individuals to codify their best practices into frameworks or to adapt existing frameworks with new features that won't go against the spirit of Agile.

Agile 2 wants to be a set of values with underlining principles, but it became a framework that isn't lightweight at all. It codified too much and lost its "adapt the solution to anyone's specific circumstances" approach.

Don't get me started on Amplio, it is something horrible pretentious created by a notorious Scrum basher, yet hearing his takes on Scrum and his implementation of Scrum in the past, I can only come to the conclusion that he doesn't understand Scrum at all and blames the framework for his lack of understanding.

Best is just to understand Agile and Lean, learn several frameworks (Scrum, Kanban and eXtreme Programming (XP) are the bare minimum), understand why these frameworks are made in the way they are (which problems do they tackle specifically), what needs to be added to adapt them to your clients needs, etc... and never lose the focus that any framework (standard or customized) is just a means, and not the outcome, to add value to your client.

04:55 pm January 17, 2024

Well stated @Rene G!

Ahmed - Scrum was not developed to align with the Agile Manifesto because when Scrum was created in the early 90s the values and principles mentioned by Rene didn't exist until 2001. I see no need to adjust it for Agile 2.

Of course, I am biased towards Scrum, XP, Lean, and Kanban, yet I highly doubt we'd be talking about Agile today if Scrum didn't exist.

09:13 pm January 17, 2024

It seems as an attempt to monetize something on Agile word..

it is not something that can be as HTTP/1 vs HTTP/2 though :)

07:58 am January 18, 2024

I stopped reading at  The only general principle is, “It depends”.

Agile and Scrum are easy to read and nothing what you just start, do and it runs perfect. In my experience, this is because of bad organizational processes and structures and not because of the team members.

That's the reason why I think, that on a long run, more than 50% of a Scrum Masters working time is used around the team.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.