Skip to main content

Is Nexus on the 2017 PSM I test?

Last post 08:02 pm March 30, 2017 by Scrum Support
1 reply
07:02 pm March 30, 2017

Hi everybody,

I'm studying for the PSM I test, and noticed that many people posted last year that there were Nexus questions on the exam.

Can anyone who took it recently confirm that this is still the case?

Now that there is The Scaled Professional Scrum Assessment (specifically aimed at the Nexus Framework), I wondered if there were still Nexus questions on the PSM I test.

I'm consistently getting 100% on the Scrum Open and Product Owner Open assessments (as well as Mikhail's awesome quiz: http://mlapshin.com/index.php/psm-quiz/ that you all recommended, so thank you for that!) so I don't want to read the Nexus guide right now if I don't have to!

Thank you all!

08:02 pm March 30, 2017

Hello Bort,

We're glad you're taking these efforts to prepare for the Professional Scrum Master I assessment.

The PSM I Assessment does not ask questions regarding the Nexus, but you may encounter questions regarding multiple teams. It is helpful to remember that scaled Scrum is still Scrum, so it's important to keep the core fundamentals and values of Scrum in mind. Reading the Nexus Guide is not required, but it may help you grasp some of these concepts at a deeper level.

We kindly suggest that you follow as many steps as you can on our Ways to Learn About Scrum page. We hope this helps!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.