Skip to main content

Help with which scrum master certification to get?

Last post 05:31 am May 5, 2017 by Ankit Agrawal
1 reply
02:42 am May 4, 2017

I am interested in becoming a scrum master for my group. We are a small team in an organization that does not traditionally run agile projects. My group is wanting to prove that agile projects are the way projects should be ran in our organization. I am wanting to take a training class and get my CSM but members of my organization have suggested SAFe, and for me to get my scrum master certification with it. From what I've read SAFe is for large corporations with many teams, and for organizations that want to be agile. Is there a big difference in the scrum master training that i would get for a CSM vs SSM? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am wanting to make a change in our group and organization, but I want to make sure I'm going to the right training that will start myself and my team in the right direction.

05:31 am May 5, 2017

Hi Bobby,

Scrum master role is required in both Scaled and non-scaled projects, and yes scaled means multiple Scrum teams involved. Looks like you just need to start with Agile, maybe Scrum first and then think about Scale later if there is a requirement. So in my view, first attend a Scrum workshop/training and understand how to enact Scrum, what are the key elements to implement it into your group.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.