Skip to main content

Hi there, I Passed my PSM 1 exam :-)

Last post 09:26 pm November 13, 2017 by Donata Malciauskaite
7 replies
03:06 pm June 20, 2017

I have been an Agile Practitioner for a while and I recently came across the PSM certification. I must say that this was the first time where I had to pause and think before answering each question. It is by far the best exam experience I had in a long time.

I am looking forward to being a part of this amazing community and on to PSM II preparation now :-)

Regards,

Mubarak Chaudhry

PMP, PMI-ACP, SAFe Agilist, (and now a proud) PSM I

07:00 am June 22, 2017

Congratulations Mubarak,

I am planning to take the exam in few days.Please share some tips on how to prepare for that. Is taking training or buying some online sample exams are required or helpful or I can just read the scrum guide thoroughly along with some open assessment and appear for exam?

Also, I want to buy exam in INR and I don't see that option on scrum.org. Please suggest

Thanks,

Bhawana

02:20 pm June 22, 2017

Hi Bhawana,

Thank you for your interest in Scrum.org and for your post. Please see the following two links from our Support Center: The first link provides information on how to prepare for our Professional-level assessments for certification. The second link gives information regarding our payment process and available payment options.

We hope the above links help. Enjoy your day Bhawana!

03:59 pm June 22, 2017

Congratulations Mubarak.

All the best Bhawana.

I cleared PSM 1 certification yesterday. I agree with Mubarak that most of the questions needed some thinking before answering, Good test to asses the knowledge on scum master. the scrum guide is very clear and crisp.

I also used below link to practice couple of times before attempting this assessment, cleared in first attempt, now I am proud to say I am professional scrum master.

http://mlapshin.com/index.php/psm-quiz/

06:37 am June 23, 2017

Hi Mubarak , 

Congrats for your success . I am also planing to give PSM1 exam in this month end . Please guide me what all topic I need to prepare thoroughly .  Is taking training or buying some online sample exams are required  I can just read the scrum guide thoroughly along with some open assessment and appear for exam?

Please reply . 

Thanks 

Deepika Jain

11:18 am June 23, 2017

Congratulations Mubarak !!! 

01:34 pm June 23, 2017

Mubarak, my congratulations!

11:40 pm November 11, 2017

Hi,

I have passed PSM I exam today and I could say I am pretty happy and proud of myself. I am working with IT Infrastructure Projects thus we did not apply Agile practices so often. Although I know how valuable Scrum framework is. 

The reason  I am writing, is simply to share my lessons learned. As there are already so many tips and tricks regarding the exam, I would personally like to add, guys, please read and pay attention about Cross-functional, Self-organizing Teams  subject area, as you may get around 5 - 7 questions on this topic. Honestly me, I scored 90 percent on the exam, thus this subject was the only one I did worst, as was more focused on Scrum Guide, Open Assessments of Scrum Master and Product Owner. So maybe this trick will be useful for somebody :) 

Good luck to all of you :) 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.