Skip to main content

Nexus Guide Questions

Last post 06:44 pm August 12, 2020 by Tony De Angelis
7 replies
06:34 pm August 31, 2017

Hello All,

Could you please tell me how many questions on average comes on Nexus in PSM I exam.

Also could anyone please explain what is the term bottom up Intelligence.

Thanks In Advance

kanishk

11:37 pm September 1, 2017

Bottom-up intelligence means inspecting and adapting progress at the point where skilled work is done, such that empirical evidence can be acted upon by development teams in the timeliest manner. Outcomes and indicators from validated learning may then be fed upwards to stakeholders.

02:29 pm October 10, 2019

Bottom-up intelligence means inspecting and adapting progress at the point where skilled work is done, such that empirical evidence can be acted upon by development teams in the timeliest manner. Outcomes and indicators from validated learning may then be fed upwards to stakeholders.

Mitchel whould you write in more simplistic? i cant understand (

04:35 am October 11, 2019

Think of it as when management use the most recent evidence gathered by Scrum Teams.

06:25 pm June 11, 2020

Mitchel whould you write in more simplistic, your answers are not clear 

03:56 am June 12, 2020

PSMI Exam has a Nexus problem rate of about x%,

This is the principle of confidentiality of the exam, no one tells u,

u have to try it yourself, suggestions tried more open assessment

05:00 pm June 12, 2020

@Gongyuan, there are no Nexus questions on the PSM I exam.  There are core Scrum questions like how many Product Owners if you have multiple teams working on a single product, but that has nothing to do with Nexus it is core to Scrum same with impact of adding people or teams, that is again core logic, adding people or teams takes time to figure out how to work together and may impact ability to deliver, but again not related in any way to Nexus, just core work. 

05:00 pm August 12, 2020

Hi All,

Re: Bottom-Up Intelligence

In estimating for a project, there is an estimating technique called Bottom-Up Estimating which means that we estimate at the lowest possible level where detail is known and the estimate accuracy level will therefore be high; as opposed to Top-Down estimating where we take a broader, higher level view of the project and predict, using perhaps historical information and other data, what the estimate should be. There are valid reasons for using either approach which I won't go into here.

If I relate this now to intelligence or knowledge about what's happening within our Scrum project, my take would be that Bottom-Up Intelligence is the information that's available at the point where the Development Team are actually doing the work, enabling them to self-organise as they see fit, inspecting and adapting as they go (Empiricism), to deliver a potentially releasable and valuable Done increment. This is as opposed to the way the Stakeholders/Product Owner/Scrum Master may think it should be done, which I guess could be called Top-Down Intelligence.

Tony

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.