Skip to main content

Which is better PSMII /Nexus or Professional Agile Leadership?

Last post 04:24 pm October 30, 2018 by Michaël Baron
5 replies
06:24 am October 22, 2018

Hi Experts,

I am PSM 1 Certified holder and want to pursue more certification in Agile and Scrum to get excel. Kindly guide me which one is better for next attempt.

PSMII /Nexus or Professional Agile Leadership

Thanks!

Rabia

06:17 pm October 22, 2018

I'm going to answer this with one of my standard Agile answers. It all depends on what is best for the team. But in this case it is all about you.  The certifications are a way for you to show the areas in which you excel, want to be recognized and want to pursue in your career.  Do what you want to do to make yourself the best.  This is one of the only times in Scrum/Agile that it is about the individual.  

08:38 pm October 26, 2018

My close friend first passed PSM 1, then Nexus and then PSM 2. He told me, that it was very and very helpful to pass first Nexus exam and only after PSM 2.

09:30 pm October 26, 2018

If you are a Scrum Master or wish you to be one, PSM II may be your best choice.

If you are interested in Scaling, choose Nexus.

If you are in management or leaning that way, choose PAL.

08:27 am October 27, 2018

I believe, that most of us work in some scaled environment and therefore I will bet to focus on Nexus if that statement fits to your daily work.

In my opinion, certification is only a nice goal to accomplish and much more important is how you will achieve it. Will you learn to understand the topic or will you just memorize things to pass exam?

My journey also just starting, and if it is somehow helpful for you, I planed to do in near future:

- Nexus (selfstudy)

- PSK (selfstudy)

- PSM II (with accredited Scrum.org classes), I believe that it will be nice wrap up and grounding of self gained knowledge and also opportunity to meet people with passion about Agile and Scrum so we can talk face to face and share experience.

- PAL (selfstudy)

That is for today, when I learn more, I will adapt it to suit my current situation :)

03:55 pm October 30, 2018

Agree with Alfredo's friend, I tried PSMII few days ago and failed... There was quite questions about Scrum and scaling (and I got PSMI / PSPOI and PSD).

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.