Skip to main content

SoS

Last post 07:52 pm December 26, 2018 by Daniel Wilhite
4 replies
02:48 pm December 23, 2018

I am new to Scrum. I have some doubts regarding Scrum of Scrums?

• Who leads the SoS?
  • If a problem is identified it is usually addressed after the daily scrum (often immediately after). Does this rule apply to SoS meeting also?

04:07 pm December 24, 2018

Can you clarify what you mean by a Scrum of Scrums? How do you define it, and what is its purpose?

04:53 am December 26, 2018

https://www.scrumalliance.org/community/articles/2007/may/advice-on-con…

Above article might help you to find answers to your doubts.

03:26 pm December 26, 2018

Vinod Kumar and Shivani Gupta, Scrum of Scrums is a concept of scaling scrum as per www.scrumalliance.org. Since I follow scrum.org as my truth of source, I will try to answer your question using the similar concept from Scrum.org that is called NEXUS. 

A new role, the Nexus Integration Team, exists to coordinate, coach, and supervise the application of Nexus and the operation of Scrum so the best outcomes are derived. The Nexus Integration Team consists of the Product Owner, a Scrum Master, and Nexus Integration Team Members. 

Nexus roles, events, and artifacts inherit the purpose and intent attributes of the corresponding Scrum roles, events, and artifacts, as documented in the Scrum Guide

The Nexus Daily Scrum is an event for appropriate representatives from individual Development Teams to inspect the current state of the Integrated Increment and to identify integration issues or newly discovered cross-team dependencies or cross-team impacts.

Nexus Guide

Using the above three statements from NEXUS guide just as the daily Scrum for a single team the SoS (NEXUS daily Scrum) is not lead by a single person. It is the responsibility of the entire NEXUS integration team to have this meeting and the Scrum master makes sure this meeting takes place but is not required in this meeting. 

Coming to your second question, NEXUS daily Scrum is followed by individual daily scrum from each team (read the NEXUS guide) and this is how the issues are resolved.

The individual Scrum Teams then take back issues and work that were identified during the Nexus Daily Scrum to their individual Scrum Teams for planning inside their individual Daily Scrum events.  - Nexus Guide

07:52 pm December 26, 2018

I agree with @Ian on wanting to know what you understand Scrum of Scrums to be.  As you can see by the other respondents, there are many ways people interpret it.  Unless we know what your expectations are for the Scrum of Scrums, it would be hard to provide you answers to your questions.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.