Skip to main content

Need clarification on mock quetsion - The Sprint Review is an opportunity to review

Last post 03:14 pm October 19, 2019 by Héctor Horacio Jure
6 replies
07:13 am June 24, 2019

The Sprint Review is an opportunity to review

a) Timeline and Budget

b) Defects and causes

c) Requirements and Capacity

d) All of the above

My understanding was that both option A and C are correct , but the book Scrum Narrative and PSM™ Exam Guide by Mohammed Musthafa Soukath Ali says only option A is correct . Could someone please help me understand why C is not included. 

08:11 pm June 24, 2019

Unsure where this mock question originated from, but I see a couple reasons why C may not be a correct selection:

• Requirements are usually reserved for refinement activities during the sprint, and refinement is not part of the Sprint Review
  • Evaluation of Development Team capacity is usually performed as part of Sprint Planning, not in the Sprint Review

03:28 am June 25, 2019

The Scrum Guide says:

The result of the Sprint Review is a revised Product Backlog that defines the probable Product Backlog items for the next Sprint.

An assessment of requirements and capacity is therefore reasonable.

03:46 am June 25, 2019

Hi Timothy , thanks for your response, as per Scrum guide i see below points

• Review of how the marketplace or potential use of the product might have changed what is the most valuable thing to do next; and,
  • Review of the timeline, budget, potential capabilities, and marketplace for the next anticipated releases of functionality or capability of the product.

so my understanding was that requirements need to reviewed based on market condition and team capacity is also taken into consideration.

09:11 am June 25, 2019

Therefore, even though the book may be worth reading, this one probably the author got wrong.

03:35 am October 19, 2019

Isn't capacity being discussed in Sprint Planning instead of Review?

03:14 pm October 19, 2019

Hi Vishwanathan Chandrasekaran,

Seems like you're right, what Ian and you pointed out regardoing the guide is clearly correct. As Filip said, probably the author got wrong.

If you're looking to pass PSM I I would suggest go though these:

This is a really good practice exam:

Nice books: 

I Hope this help you :)

Good luck!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.