Skip to main content

PSU online certification

Last post 03:53 am March 24, 2020 by Nitin Khanna
7 replies
05:07 am July 7, 2019

Hi, 

Does anyone know whether PSU certification exam is going to be available without requiring a course (similar to PSM, PSK, etc)? Currently it is offered only as a course. 

Thanks,

Erez

01:46 pm July 8, 2019

The PSU I assessment is currently only available to students of the PSU class. We are limiting access initially so that we can inspect and adapt, ensure that PSU I is high-quality, and provide adequate learning resources for those who do not take a training course from Scrum.org.  The certification assessment will be made publicly available at a future date. 

08:02 pm July 8, 2019

Thank you Eric, will be looking forward for this non-course certification. If you need beta testers, I'm willing to participate. 

04:49 am July 12, 2019

Having attended one of the early PSU courses, I would recommend anyone interested in the subject considers doing the same.

When you have the Scrum Team addressing UX concerns, it feels like it's almost stress-testing Scrum. It starts to challenge whether previously held assumptions and best-practices are really valid any more:

For instance, what is "Done" when the team are running UX experiments, and can a "releasable Increment" be released before we are "Done"?

What happens to UX work that is expected to take longer than a sprint, such as experiments that have an inherent lead time to gather enough data?

How do Sprint Goals change when the team is responsible for UX? How might a Daily Scrum and Sprint Backlog change as a result?

The answers to these questions can be quite nuanced, and I benefited from exploring them in a group of UX and Scrum experts, facilitated by PSU trainers.

11:29 am August 26, 2019

Unfortunately there are no PSU trainers in my country

01:04 pm August 26, 2019

Hi Erez, we are still traveling the world training our trainers and getting classes scheduled.  Please keep checking as I expect them to start showing in other countries soon.  Do you have others interested in joining with you?  That could help us get something scheduled more quickly.

09:30 am October 29, 2019

It is only me at this point. I heard there are plans to make PSU available without a course. Any forecast for that?

I'm willing to be a beta tester :)

03:53 am March 24, 2020

Greetings,

In case this was missed, the assessment is now available online. Eric Naiburg also posted this in a more recent thread --

https://www.scrum.org/index.php/forum/scrum-forum/37016/does-psu-still-…

Good luck!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.