Skip to main content

Scrum Open Assessment

Last post 08:33 pm September 10, 2019 by Timothy Baffa
8 replies
02:53 am September 10, 2019

I'm done with mock test online!!!!   Way too confusing!   I think scrum.org should sell a few mock tests. It would create a small revenue but also it would discourage other third party providers to screw up what is supposed to be a straight forward exam.

My question is I read on here that people do the open assessment over and over to get %100 but aren't the questions on the assessments always the same?   I just finished my third one with %93 but I don't even need to read the question I just know the right answer from memory.

10:09 am September 10, 2019

I am in the same point

Questions are always the same, always finishing with 100% or 93%... should I go for the assesment? It makes no sense to answer de same questions so many times

10:10 am September 10, 2019

I am in the same point

Questions are always the same, always finishing with 100% or 93%... should I go for the assesment? It makes no sense to answer de same questions so many times

04:45 pm September 10, 2019

The questions change, primarily they are the same but you'll get a few different ones in there. You should also get to where you can knock out the test with 100% in under 5 minutes, then get to where you get 0% with the goal of selecting the wrong answers so you know for certain the right answers AND the wrong answers. 

04:58 pm September 10, 2019

Out of 30 there's maybe 2 or 3 that will rotate.

5 minutes is long   I think I finished the last one in 3 i just went for speed but it's not really the goal.   You just need to glance over and you get the right answer. 

05:00 pm September 10, 2019

Jordi Masachs  Not sure   Same here     not sure if I should take the exam!!!!  But I cannot do more third party test as it's way too confusing.

06:31 pm September 10, 2019

Ok so another thing, do you fully understand why the correct answers are correct and more importantly, why the incorrect answers are wrong?? The open assessment is a mere snapshot of the real exam and you need to make sure you know both right and wrong answers and what makes them right and wrong. 

07:04 pm September 10, 2019

Other one I would suggest is this one

https://mlapshin.com/index.php/scrum-quizzes/sm-learning-mode/

But that's it

08:33 pm September 10, 2019

My approach would be to take time during the Open Assessment to review each question and consider why each of the answers I did not select were incorrect.

It isn't sufficient preparation to retake a practice test over and over and answering based on memory from past practice exams, or to try and complete the exam faster than previous attempts.   Neither approach promotes learning, which is key for exam preparation.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.