Skip to main content

Help - Multiple market deployments

Last post 10:31 am October 11, 2019 by Gaby Cross
4 replies
01:08 pm September 26, 2019

Hi all,

I've recently achieved my scrum certification, and have really got on-board with the whole framework of scrum and the benefits of using scrum etc. However, If possible, it would be great to get some further clarification on how I can apply this to my everyday role.

I'm a deployment project manager, so once a project is created in-house (website new page launches/updates etc) it is then rolled out across to markets around the globe, where they will adapt to their market (legal/copy requirements) and deploy to their website.

I was wondering if there was a way of making this process agile, and how this could be more collaborative with other markets on the whole.

Happy to get anyone's thoughts and opinions on this.

Gaby

01:50 pm September 26, 2019

Do you think the organization has made enough headway towards becoming product rather than project focused?

01:54 pm September 26, 2019

Potentially not.

However each increment is 'done' and is usable and can be deployed to markets, however, I'd like to introduce the scrum framework to getting those done increments to markets and deployed there. Is that even possible?

06:07 am September 27, 2019

My advice would be to encourage a product focus first. Then the value that comes from implementing Scrum for complex products can be maximized, and clearly accounted for by Product Owners.

10:31 am October 11, 2019

Does anyone else have any suggestions for Scrum framework can apply in a deployment scenario?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.