Skip to main content

Auditing sprint deliverables

Last post 12:10 pm September 11, 2021 by Masoud Yaghouti
12 replies
03:40 pm November 17, 2019

Hello Team,

I am working on quality levels of the sprints deliverables ,

Can any one please help me how can I conduct Work Product Evaluation(WPE) and Fucntional Configuration Audit for sprint delivery.

Thanks & Regards.

08:04 pm November 17, 2019

The best measure of a Done increment's quality is your customer. Is your Product Owner releasing often? Have you asked your customer what they think about the quality of the Product thus far? Has their feedback been captured in the Product Backlog?

From The Scrum Guide

As Scrum Teams mature, it is expected that their definitions of "Done" will expand to include more stringent criteria for higher quality. 

09:28 pm November 17, 2019

I'm having trouble seeing how these activities would be different for a team using Scrum than a team using any other development process or method, including a traditional sequential or waterfall process. The only thing would be that each Sprint would incrementally update one or more work products and produce a product, rather than looking at specific work products or states at various phases of the project.

I would expect the the team's Definition of Done would capture information about what work products would need to be created or updated as each Product Backlog Item and each Increment are finished. The Sprint Review seems like a good launching point for evaluation and audit activities to be integrated.

I would point out, though, that there are relationships between the things created and activities performed in Scrum projects and the more traditional methodologies that much of these processes are based around, but they will look different.

09:58 am November 18, 2019

I am working on quality levels of the sprints deliverables ,
Can any one please help me how can I conduct Work Product Evaluation(WPE) and Fucntional Configuration Audit for sprint delivery.

Are you a member of a Scrum Development Team? Is that why you are "working on" the level of quality provided by Sprint deliverables? Is there another reason?

01:49 pm November 18, 2019

Team,

Thanks for your kind response,

• I am working as Scrum Master and client insisted me to look around the quality level of sprint deliverables.
  • And I thought to use user story check list which tells about the list of activities the dev team has gone through a user story.

Can any on please help me what can I include in checklist or is there any alternative other then user story checklist.

Thanks & Regards,

02:11 pm November 18, 2019
  • I am working as Scrum Master and client insisted me to look around the quality level of sprint deliverables.
  • And I thought to use user story check list which tells about the list of activities the dev team has gone through a user story.

Can any on please help me what can I include in checklist or is there any alternative other then user story checklist.

What are your thoughts about the "Definition of Done" referred to in the Scrum Guide?

11:39 am September 4, 2021

hi

I have decided to consider a few parameters when evaluating the performance of the development team.

One of these parameters is the "sprint delivery grade" that I saw in the articles. But in practice I do not know how it is calculated.

Can you guide me?

First I want to know what is this parameter (sprint delivery grade)?

then How to calculate?

04:02 am September 5, 2021

If I do an exact search for that metric, Google finds nothing:  No results found for "sprint delivery grade".

Perhaps if you can provide links to the articles that you have seen this metric mentioned in, the community will have a netter chance of helping you. 

01:31 pm September 6, 2021

Scrum Delivery Grade

Did the team deliver what they said they would, when they said they could?

if so, then leave them along to get on with it.

If not, then leave them along to fix it.

Any parasitic role that feeds on delivering reports and assessments on team quality is simply a wasted function and cost.

These are highly skilled and highly trained software developers. Give them a problem and they will give you a solution.

01:33 pm September 6, 2021

correction.... :) 

if so, then leave them alone to get on with it.

If not, then leave them alone to fix it.

09:27 pm September 6, 2021

Is the Scrum Team not a team of self-managing professionals capable of evaluating themselves at the end of every Sprint? Why do you feel they need you to evaluate their performance?

I have decided to consider a few parameters when evaluating the performance of the development team.

There is no longer a Development Team, that changed in the Nov 2020 Scrum Guide, which documents the accountabilities of Developers. 

One of these parameters is the "sprint delivery grade" that I saw in the articles.

I have been around Scrum for 14 years and have worked with a lot of Scrum Team, yet I've never heard of a 'sprint delivery grade'. 

Why not consider teaching the Scrum Team ways to measure, manage and increase value? Have you looked at the Evidence Based Management Guide?

Scrum on!

08:57 am September 11, 2021

By evaluation, I do not mean evaluating people's performance for themselves. We want to calculate several parameters, such as contribution, influence, Impression, Impact etc.

We have many teams here that we want to have a correct and logical evaluation of their performance.

09:54 am September 11, 2021

If you want to rate the sprint deliverable of a team member, What parameters would you consider?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.