Skip to main content

Help me to set assessments from most easier one...

Last post 02:41 pm November 20, 2019 by Timothy Baffa
6 replies
01:40 pm November 19, 2019

Hi,

I would like to get following certificates:

1. Professional Scrum Master 1 and 2
  2. Professional Scrum Product Owner 1 and 2
  3. Professional Agile Leadership 1

I am almost fully prepared to take this assessments but I would like to here from your experience in what order (most easier one ...) should I took them?

I am thinking to take this order: Professional Scrum Product Owner 1, Professional Scrum Master 1, Professional Agile Leadership 1, Professional Scrum Master 2, Professional Scrum Product Owner 2, what do you think?

Thanks

03:16 pm November 19, 2019

That would likely be the order I would choose to do them in. 

04:54 pm November 19, 2019

I am almost fully prepared to take this assessments

Out of curiosity, what are you basing your readiness assessment on?

What is remaining in your opinion to get you from "almost fully prepared" to "fully prepared""?

06:09 pm November 19, 2019

Whats your DoD  of "almost fully prepared " ??

09:23 pm November 19, 2019

Hey guys, if you can be focused on my question, please! 

If I pass it I will share my thoughts with you.

Thanks 

12:32 am November 20, 2019

I'd recommend different flows for different people.

For Scrum Masters:

1. PSM I
  2. PSM II
  3. PSPO I
  4. PAL I
  5. Optionally SPS, PSK, PSU depending on environment

For Product Owners:

1. PSM I
  2. PSPO I
  3. PSPO II
  4. Optional PSU
  5. Optionally SPS and PSK depending on environment

For Development Team Members:

1. PSM I

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to learn enough about the PSPO III to see how well it fits in.

Here's my rationale for this order:

• Everyone starts off with the PSM I, since it's more of a Scrum foundations than anything specific to each role.
  • The Development Team's focus should be on agility through their hands-on work. Although there is a PSD which could be valuable for Development Team members in a software environment, their best focus would be on the technical skills that enable lean and agile. The Scrum Master and Product Owner have more unique roles in the context of Scrum.
  • Both the Scrum Master and Product Owner progress through the level II certifications. From the research that I've done, the third level is extremely in-depth and would probably be more suited to people who would want to be more involved in educating and coaching other Scrum Masters and Product Owners.
  • Training such as SPS, PSK, and PSU put additional context around Scrum in certain environments. They are most useful if you are operating in that environment

02:41 pm November 20, 2019

Dejan,

Part of the challenge with your post is asking for advice on how to sort various Scrum certification exams from easiest to hardest.   Unsure if that should even be part of your consideration.   To use an analogy, if I lost my keys on one dark street corner, I don't look for them at a better-lighted corner because the searching is easier.   

You should take the assessments as they apply to your situation and goals, even if they are not in easiest to hardest order.   I think Thomas explained what you should consider very well, in light of the fact you don't wish to reveal any reasons why you feel the need to pursue 5 Scrum.org certifications, or your preparations for them.

Good luck to you.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.