ReviewsWhat students say about Mark
I remember joining my first Scrum team thirteen years ago... While I was skeptical at first, I was quickly convinced of the empowering and energizing approach as I participated in creating and delivering valuable software that delighted our customers. And I haven't turned back - since joining my first Scrum team, I have been a Development Team member, Scrum Master, Product Owner, and coach.
As a sought-out speaker and trainer, I have created and delivered training on a range of Agile and Business Analysis topics and given presentations at variety regional industry groups and conferences across the United States and the world. I have plenty of successes, cuts, and bruises that I love to draw upon as I'm helping others experience, learn, and improve how they deliver value.
I have been an employee in and consultant for Fortune 500 companies, regional organizations, and non-profits, working as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Trainer, course designer, Leadership Coach, Practice Manager, and National Agile Lead. The diverse industries include medical decide manufacturing, medical insurance, P&C insurance, retail, banking, PLM software, and utilities.
I'm honored to have been a part of the amazing Professional Scrum Trainer community since 2015, having taken the PSM class from Ken Schwaber. Since then, I have taught thousands of students in hundreds of Scrum.org classes: Applying Professional Scrum (APS), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II), Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E), and Professional Agile Leadership - Evidence-Based Management (PAL-EBM) - excellent, impactful courses that are well-maintained by the community of trainers.
Outside of work, I love to lead worship, learn, and enjoy time with my wife and two teenage boys.
Quotes about Mark's Training
- "Fantastic instructor. Patient, kind. Relevant information. Perfectly executed explanation of information that may be difficult to digest."
- "We're so glad we selected Mark as our PSM trainer. Each question, no matter how niche, has been met with insight and nuance that seamlessly relates real-world situations back to the course material."
- "Such an engaging course and exceptional instructor. From one training colleague to another. Talk about delivering value! Thanks again, Mark."
- "After this class I have many ideas now on how to work with management on how to lead in an agile setting."
- "Loved the exercises! They kept the learning real and applicable."
- "Mark's hands-on experience helping organizations implement Scrum comes across clearly in his teachings. Great instructor, great material, great tools, very thorough."
- "Real life examples were so helpful and showed how to solve problems while staying true to the framework."
- "I would take another class with Mark in a heartbeat."
- "I appreciate his approach to both teaching and coaching students through their thought processes."
- "The class was fantastic—Mark is a very talented and engaging instructor!"
- "Mark took time to answer questions and gave opportunities for more in-depth discussions outside of class (breaks, lunch, etc.)"
- "You completely blew away my expectations and presented a phenomenal learning experience. A huge thank you for being so receptive, positive, engaging, and knowledgeable."
- "Thank you for your time and expertise throughout class. I got a lot out of it due to the style you used to present the material. Time well spent and a tip of the cap to you."