Agile Leadership Toolkit Book
Learning to Thrive with Self-Managing Teams
If you lead in organizations that have adopted agile methods, you know it’s crucial to create the right environment for your agile teams. Traditional tools such as Gantt charts, detailed plans, and internal KPIs aren’t adequate for complex and fast-changing markets, but merely trusting employees and teams to self-manage is insufficient as well.
In Agile Leadership Toolkit, Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainer and longtime agile leader Peter Koning provides a practical and invaluable steering wheel for agile leaders and their teams. Drawing on his extensive experience helping leaders drive more value from agile, Koning offers a comprehensive toolkit for continuously improving your environment, including structures, metrics, meeting techniques, and governance for creating thriving teams that build disruptive products and services. Koning thoughtfully explains how to lead agile teams at large scale and how team members fit into both the team and the wider organization.
- Architect environments that help teams learn, grow, and flourish for the long term
- Get timely feedback everyone can use to improve
- Co-create goals focused on the customer, not the internal organization
- Help teams brainstorm and visualize the value of their work to the customer
- Facilitate team ownership and accelerate team learning
- Support culture change, and design healthier team habits
- Make bigger changes faster
This actionable guide is for leaders at all levels–whether you’re supervising your first agile team, responsible for multiple teams, or lead the entire company.