👉 The more people become proficient in living the Scrum values, the more successful the use of Scrum will be.
When the Scrum Values are embodied by the Scrum Team and the people they work with, the empirical Scrum pillars come to life, building trust.
Reminder: the Scrum Values are Commitment, Focus, Openness, Respect, and Courage.
Let's have a look what living the Scrum Values can bring to the Spint Review.
- Commitment to achieve the Sprint Review’s expected outcome: an updated Product Backlog as a result of having collaborated during the event with the stakeholders.
- Have the Courage to explicitly state what was not Done. What was planned for yet didn’t work out as expected. And learn from it.
- Focus on the progress towards the Product Goal: where are we? What is the best next thing we can take on in the next Sprint?
- Have the Openness to share the challenges you are facing with the stakeholders. They might have valuable feedback for you!
- Respect the feedback of the stakeholders; really listen to them. How will they use the product? What other uses do they see in the market? What is slowing them down using the product?
These are only one example of how each Scrum Value could be lived during the Sprint Review - by the Scrum Team and the stakeholders present during the Sprint Review.
The Scrum Values are a guide for the Scrum Team AND stakeholders how to behave during the Sprint Review.
The more the team and the stakeholders become skilled in living the Scrum Values, the better the outcome of your Sprint Review will be.
Together with your Scrum Team, evaluate how the Scrum Values are lived during the Sprint Review.
How do you see that the values of Commitment, Courage, Focus, Openness and Respect are lived? What can you do to make the Scrum Team live these even better?
I hope you find value in these short posts and if you are looking for more clarifications, feel free to take contact.
If you want to take a deeper dive into the core concepts we are covering in this blog series, then surely check out our Professional Scrum MasterY workshop. We have some scheduled in the coming period.
Don't want to miss any of these blog posts? Have the professional Scrum foundations series weekly in your mailbox.