TL;DR: Product Owner and Product Manager Salary Report 2022 — An Anonymous Poll by the Community for the Community
The purpose of this anonymous Product Owner and Product Manager salary report is to create a clear, data-backed benchmark that allows everyone in the agile community to understand whether their compensation is adequate. (And yes, the report will cover Product Owners as well as Product Managers, both employed and freelancing. Obviously, a successful Product Owner is an agile Product Manager at heart.)
The goal is to have a sufficient number of replies – that would be at least 500 – by the end of September 2022 to create the report in time for November 2022. Of course, the report will be available for free.
🗞 Shall I notify you about articles like this one? Awesome! You can sign up here for the ‘Food for Agile Thought’ newsletter and join 35,000-plus subscribers.
🎓 Join Stefan in one of his upcoming Professional Scrum training classes!
The Agile Community Needs You: Join the Product Owner and Product Manager Salary Report 2022
This anonymous survey aims to create a clear, data-backed benchmark that allows everyone in the agile community to understand how their compensation compares to others in a similar context. The report will cover Product Owners and Product Managers, both employed and freelancing.
The poll is anonymous, and I will not be notified about new entries. The goal is to have a sufficient number of replies – that would be at least 500 – by the end of September 2022 to create the report in time for November 2022. As usual, the report will be available for free.
Also, please forward the poll to colleagues and peers who might be interested in participating. The more data we can collect and aggregate, the better the outcome.
The poll for the Product Owner and Product Manager Salary Report 2022 covers the following categories of questions and will take about 5 minutes to complete:
- Personal information: Please provide some personal information. We’re aware of generally existing discrimination at the compensation level in the tech industry. Does it apply to our industry, too?
- Professional background: What educational and professional background do you have? (Given that there is no formal education for our profession, this information can provide career patterns.)
- Industry: What industry are you working for? (We expect the IT as well as the finance industry to pay the highest remunerations. Also, larger organizations might pay better than smaller companies for the same position. Please help to verify the hypotheses.)
- Your current position: Please help us understand what you consider your current position to be — Product Owner or Product Manager —, and how it compares to your peers‘ jobs. Our particular interests are the agile fluency state of your current organization, the size of the product delivery organization, and the length of your tenure.
- Prior and current work experience: This section covers your working experience with agile practices.
- Current salary or remuneration: Finally, the last question: What is your income as a Product Owner or Product Manager? To be able to compare entries, you will need to normalize your answer, for example, convert your salary to US-$ – based on the current exchange rate –, if you are not paid in US currency.
Lastly, please forward the survey questionnaire to colleagues and peers who might be interested in participating. The more data that we can collect and aggregate, the better the outcome.
✋ Do Not Miss Out and Learn more about the Product Owner Salary Report — Join the 11,000-plus Strong ‘Hands-on Agile’ Slack Community
I invite you to join the “Hands-on Agile” Slack Community and enjoy the benefits of a fast-growing, vibrant community of agile practitioners from around the world.
If you like to join all you have to do now is provide your credentials via this Google form, and I will sign you up. By the way, it’s free.
Prepare yourself for Product Owner challenges by studying the free Scrum Anti-Patterns Guide: