Suggested Resources for Professional Agile Leadership - Evidence Based Management
The Professional Agile Leadership - Evidence Based Management (PAL-EBM) assessment includes questions from the following Focus Areas as defined in the Professional Scrum Competencies as well as several additional topics (listed below) which are not specifically named in the Scrum Competency Model. The resources listed on this page will help you prepare.
- Understanding and Applying the Scrum Framework:
- Empiricism - why and when empiricism is needed.
- Managing Products with Agility:
- Product Value - ways to evaluate the value that a product delivers.
- Business Strategy - applying the concept of Unrealized Value to pursuing potential opportunities.
- Stakeholders & Customers - applying the concepts of Current Value, Unrealized Value to stakeholder and customer management.
- Evolving the Agile Organization:
- Portfolio Planning - understanding the concept of applying lean and agile principles for investing in pursuit of greatest business benefit.
- Evidence Based Management™- understanding the concepts of the EBM framework.
- Additional Topics:
- Forming & Evaluating Hypotheses - running short, focused experiments to make progress toward desired outcomes.
- Setting, Inspecting & Adapting Goals - how organizations seek and progress toward their goals in a complex world using empiricism.
Where to Begin
Familiarize yourself with Evidence-Based Management.
- Read the Evidence-Based Management Guide
- Take the Evidence-Based Management Open until you pass consistently
- Read Investing for Business Agility (Evidence-Based Portfolio Management)
- Agile is constant change
- Scrum and Hypothesis Driven Development
- Measuring Agility
- It's time to learn the missing metric
- When are SMART goals not-so-smart?
- Extending Impact Mapping to Gain Better Product Insights
Videos and Webinars:
- Empiricism is an Essential Element of Scrum (3.5 minutes)
- Lessons Learned from Implementing Evidence-Based Management (60 minutes)
- Ask Anything about Evidence-Based Management (EBM) and Agile Measurement (60 minutes)
- Intro to EBM - Why On-Time, On-Budget Doesn't Work (55 minutes)
Interested in an Evidence-Based Management course?
Additional Scrum Resources:
- Read more from the Agile Leader Learning Path.
- View the Evidence-Based Management page.
- Read articles on our Blog, written by our expert Professional Scrum Trainers.
- Join the Scrum.org Forum discussions.
- Search the Scrum.org Resources page.
- View the What is Scrum page.
- Build your Agile muscle memory by engaging in discussions and practicing the fundamentals of agility and empiricism with your teams and organization.